Friday, November 9, 2012

Do you worry about others perceptions?

Do you worry what others think of you?  The reason I'm asking this is I had the unfortunate situation where my son was a crazy goose the night of the family fun night, which was very frustrating to my husband and I and the next day he shows up at school with what looks like he was beaten pretty bad.  The parents who saw us the night before took a double take at my son and then gave me the stink eye.  After I picked him up from school, we stopped at the book fair and my little guy took off on me and tried to run out of the school (thankfully a parent stopped him from leaving the building).  I brought him back in and reminded him not to run from me and then he proceeded to run up and down the halls with me yelling/begging him to stop (hence my comment on the previous post that he didn't learn from his running and falling incident). Then to make matters worse later, we went to Walmart and my son through a gigantic screaming raging temper tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted.  There was nothing I could do to stop him from doing this so I ignored it.  I had people giving me the next level of stink eye and some guy was yelling "What the hell is going on?!"  I just kept walking out of the store.  He eventually calmed down half-way home and fell asleep.

It's so surreal to be going through this again - my oldest son who is autistic did the same things when he was that age.  If you go through this too please leave a comment.  I need a pick me up!

Here's a picture of my youngest with his poor face.

No comments:

Post a Comment